2011년 11월 19일 토요일

A review on Ted, Keith Barry does brain magic

Manipulating the human mind


The human mind is such a wonderful and fascinating thing, so the title dragged me to click and watch it. The man conducted diverse and novel magic which were so provocative. At first, I was really skeptical about the ideas and actions of the man but later I found myself believing him. He actually showed the tricks in front of everyone which made it look more like an enigma.
At first, the man told an anecdote to make the audience interested then he made the audience follow him by doing a hand trick which simply showed how easily the human mind can be manipulated. I also followed and was candidly amazed. Secondly, he should a video he took with a woman he never saw before. The two of them rode a car while the man put on a blindfold and drove it. I was horrified and I could hear the screams from the woman and I could understand her feelings. It was a virulent task and when they made it safely, I was dizzy from being apprehensive. Later, the man explained what second sight was. It is a mind control by an expert who can see through somebody else’s eyes. Of course, everyone would be dubious, even I did. However, after hearing him articulate his lucid explanations and watching the video, many people fell into his words and thoughts. Another magic he showed was the voodoo experiment. He picked two guests who voluntarily came up to help him with the experiment and he told them to always be aware of the sensations. Many tricks were really amazing and I played it over and over again and scrutinized it to figure it out but I couldn’t. Just by imagining something or concentrating, a person can break a Coke bottle or sense different pressures. Everything was so fascinating.
Before watching the video, I didn’t believe in magic and only thought of mind tricks as something deceiving. However, my prejudice changed completely. The man’s fervor moved my ideas his innovative experiments were surprising too. They were an exemplary and I now advocate his concepts of manipulating the human mind. He was a benefactor to my dull and stressful life and the film itself was truly elaborate and the speech was amiable. I hope other students take the time to see this video and be amazed.

댓글 3개:

  1. Do you know how to embed videos in the post? It would be better if you did.

    답글삭제
  2. The man in the video looks like Mr.Garrioch...:)

    답글삭제
  3. Maybe he is me. I'm magic and can be two places and two people at once.

    Good summary and comments on the video. I plan to watch it when I don't have so much to do! One thing that could make your essay more solid is using "the mans" name instead of "the man." Keith Barry adds more credibility to your writing. So try to be specific if the opportunity exists. A must-do when you write the SAT.

    답글삭제